Join the AIA-EIC
Please select from one of the following:
Please note that all members are expected to comply with the Bylaws and the Code of Ethics of the Eastern Illinois Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. Click here to view our 2013 Chapter Directory: Resource Handbook, which includes our chapter's Bylaws and Code of Ethics.
For a description of some of the benefits of becoming an AIA member, click here.
For a description of some of the benefits of becoming an AIA Associate Member, click here.
2017 Membership Dues
Architect Member: Individuals with an architectural license from a U.S. licensing authority are eligible for Architect membership.
|National (The American Institute of Architects):||$265.00|
|State (AIA Illinois):||$212.00|
|Local (AIA Eastern Illinois Chapter):||$100.00|
|Individual Dues Balance:||$577.00|
Associate Member: Individuals who meet one of the following:
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect.
- Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program & working toward licensure.
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture.
|National (The American Institute of Architects):||$114.00|
|State (AIA Illinois):||$ 68.00|
|Local (AIA Eastern Illinois Chapter):||$ 55.00|
|Individual Dues Balance:||$237.00|
Allied Member: Individuals who meet either of the following:
- Non architectural professionals, including engineers, landscape architects, artists, and other professionals in education, government, industry, journalism, etc.
- Those employed by firms in the construction industry engaged in research, design, development, testing, manufacture, distribution, or training for building and construction products or systems.
|Individual Dues Balance:||$95.00|
Newsletter Business Card Advertiser:
|Individual Dues Balance:||$150.00|
Combined Allied Member/Newsletter Business Card Advertiser:
|Individual Dues Balance:||$200.00|
All newly joining AIA members and AIA Associate Members are eligible to participate in the 2016 Dues Installment Program. Enroll no later than April 30th, and pay your membership dues in up to six monthly installments. 2016 membership dues enrolled in the dues installment plan must be paid in full by June 30, 2016. Click here for additional information.
For state and federal income tax purposes, payments to the AIA and its components are generally deductible as trade or business expenses - except for the percentage spent on lobbying federal or state governments. Consult a tax professional to determine the appropriate tax treatment of your dues.